At Advanced Integrative Medical 360, we are committed to treating and using protected health information about you responsibly. This Notice of Health Information Practices describes the personal information we collect, and how and when we use or disclose that information. It also describes your rights as they relate to your protected health information.
Uses and Disclosures
- We use your health information to document and plan services, progress, planning, etc.
- We use your health information for payment.
- We use your health information for regular health services. For example, our compliance officer regularly chooses medical records for audits. This practice ensures that we are constantly working towards improved quality and effectiveness.
- There are services provided in our organization through contacts with business associates. Examples include outside labs, x-ray, health coaching and transcription services.
- We may use or disclose information to notify or assist in notifying a family member, personal representative, or other person responsible for your care, your location, and general condition.
- The following are examples of other purposes for which Advanced Integrative Medical 360 is permitted or required to disclose confidential information without the individual’s written authorization.
- Uses and disclosures for public health activities;
- Reporting victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence;
- Disclosures for judicial and administrative proceedings;
- Disclosures for law enforcement purposes;
- Uses and disclosures for cadaveric organ, eye or tissue donation purposes;
- Disclosures to avert a serious threat to health or safety; and
- Uses and disclosures for specialized government functions.
Separate Statements for Certain Uses or Disclosures – Advanced Integrative Medical 360 may contact patients with appointment reminders, requests for the patient to contact Advanced Integrative Medical 360 for appointments, emails, text messages and notices and letters concerning medical findings. Advanced Integrative Medical 360 may also contact the patient about treatment alternatives or other health related benefits and services that may be of interest to the individual. For unpaid payments and balances, Advanced Integrative Medical 360 may work with collection agencies to recover monies.
Individual Rights Although your health record is the physical property of Advanced Integrative Medical 360, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your information;
- The right to revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
- The right to receive confidential communications;
- The right to obtain a copy or inspect your health information;
- The right to amend protected health information;
- The right to receive an accounting of disclosures of protected health information.
Advanced Integrative Medical 360 Rights
- Advanced Integrative Medical 360 has 30 days with which to comply with a patient’s request to review or copy their health information. Advanced Integrative Medical 360 is allowed an additional 30 days if the record is off site. Advanced Integrative Medical 360 may charge a fee for copying the health record.
- The physicians have the right to review the record and remove any information that they deem to be harmful to either the patient or to another individual;
- The patient will be supervised by Advanced Integrative Medical 360 staff during any review of the record. Supervision is allowed and required to prevent the removal or altering of the medical record.
Advanced Integrative Medical 360’s Duties
- Advanced Integrative Medical 360 is required by law to maintain the privacy of confidential information and provide individuals with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to such information;
- Advanced Integrative Medical 360 is required to abide by the terms of this Notice; and
- Advanced Integrative Medical 360 reserves the right to change the terms of its Notice and to make the new Notice provisions effective for all confidential information that it maintains. Revisions to this Notice will be posted in the patient waiting area.